Monday, January 30, 2006

So Now What?

Well, it's been a week since "E-Day" and probably as good a time as any to crawl out of my coma and get right back to work.

We're still doing a lot of post-mortem work on the election (tying off the campaign finances, moving stuff into storage, etc.) but at the same time we want to capitalise on our momentum and keep things moving.

To that end, I'll be meeting with the Riding Executive ASAP and we'll set a date for the next Annual General Meetting. From there we can move forward with a number of initiatives to fundraise, attract new members and continue to work the riding.

As for me, I plan to stay as active in the community as possible. This week I joined the Common Front for Social Justice here in Moncton, and am greatly looking forward to working with the tremendous group of volunteers they have here in the area (for more info, click on the link in the side scroll). We were very proud to have been able to help a number of people get the assisstance they needed during the course of the campaign, but the Common Front has been here advocating on behalf of people in need for years. I'm delighted that they've accepted me into their ranks, and can't wait to get to work.

In the Times Transcript this weekend, the Sleuth fingered me for a City Council bid and a lot of you have contacted me about the same subject. I'm flattered and it's certainly something to think about, but two years is a little far to project right now. Heck, two days is a little far to project right now!

In the meantime, I plan to keep up on the blog, although probably with a little less frequency than before. Still, check back every now and then and see what's shaping up for me and the progressive community here in Moncton, Riverview and Dieppe.

Be seeing you.

-DH

No comments: