Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Happy Birthday!

In a few hours it will be Tasha's birthday.
















She will get to spend her birthday taking our son to the hospital for his tests, making sure the kids get to and from daycare and then looking after them by herself for the afternoon and evening, getting them to bed and probably knocking out herself before I ever get back from the campaign trail.

Not a fun way to spend your special day, huh? I promise that next week I'll be making it all up with dinner and a night away from the kids.

Tasha has been my rock through all of this and has never once complained about the slack I've been leaving behind in our family life during the campaign.

I certainly wouldn't be as sane if I didn't have her to come home to every night.

After the 23rd I'm most looking forward to making up for lost family time and getting knee-deep in diapers, bedtime stories, dishes, garbage duty and grocery runs.

Even if we have to do some of it in Ottawa.

Happy Birthday, Bear!

No comments: